Our goal is to provide opportunities for members and friends of Broadway United Methodist Church to join in Spirit-led conversation and be informed about the issues facing the United Methodist Church, and specifically Broadway UMC, as related to recent General Conference actions regarding human sexuality and gender identity.
* to treat all persons with respect as beloved by God and created in God’s image;
* to speak from our own experience;
* to listen patiently before formulating responses;
* to strive to understand the experience of which others have arrived at their views;
* to choose our words with loving care by assuming the best in others, accurately portraying the views of others, avoiding generalizations about individuals and groups, and avoiding divisive and hurtful speech.
Broadway Next Information Session, Sept 15, 2019
Resources for Additional Information & Understanding:
To be added to an email list to receive more information, please sign up with Mary Margret at firstname.lastname@example.org
UMC advocacy groups to learn about their perspectives including:
Plans for the Future of the United Methodist Church:
Resources for Talking About Divisive Sexuality Issues
Leadership Institute 2019 Once you create an account you can access all the videos from this year’s conference and other information on ShareChurch.
Living Faithfully: Human Sexuality and the United Methodist Church, published prior to the 2019 General Conference.
Finding Our Way: Love and Law in the United Methodist Church, essays contributed by denominational leaders published after the 2019 General Conference.